Collection, Edition or Collab? An Overview
What are the differences between the different shades of black?
1. Licorice Black (Collection) This colorway is our standard black, which can also be found on many other models such as the CUBIK, JAKK and BRIK, etc. The fabric is structured and has a high stability. It is not as smooth as the ALL BLACK, TRIPLE BLACK and ROOTED BLACK. The logo consists of a blue and a red dot.
2. Licorice Black Bold (Collection) This model is our heavily structured black standard fabric because you can also find it on many other models like the BLOK and the CUBIK. The fabric is thicker, more textured and not as smooth as the ALL BLACK and TRIPLE BLACK. The logo is blue/red.
3. Rooted Black (Collection) This model is our smooth standard black from autumn/winter 2018, which can also be found on models such as the KLAK or the TETRIK. It is characterized by a newly developed logo made of silicone and a smooth, fine fabric.
4. All Black (Edition) This model is part of our Changeant Edition 2017. The model has a smoother fabric than the colours 'Triple Black' and 'Licorice Black'. As the name implies, the fabric changes depending on the exposure of light on the product. The inspiration for the product comes from fashion, as the Changent fabric originally was used for curtains and evening dresses. The logo on the front is black and consists of metal dots.
5. Triple Black (Edition) This model is part of our Athlete's Blend Edition, released in April 2018. It combines sport with fashionable design elements. For example, there are elastic ribbons on the side that primarily serve as design elements. The perforated (punched) fabric look is similar. It creates a reference to classic sportswear clothing. The fabric is smoother than the LICORICE BLACK, but not as smooth as the ALL BLACK. The logo on the front is black and consists of metal dots.
6. Silk Silver (Edition) This model is part of our Changeant Edition II. It has a smoother fabric than the colours 'Triple Black' and 'Licorice Black'. As the name implies, the fabric changes depending on the exposure of light on the product. The inspiration for the product comes from the fashion sector. The logo on the front is black metal.
7. Crinkle Black (Edition) This model is part of our Mono Maxgear edition. The textured material is inspired by Japanese fabrics, which adds a roughness yet also softness to each piece´s bold design. The Mono Maxgear products are monochrome - from the zippers to the logo, everything is black.
8. Polished Black (Edition) This model is part of our Changeant edition. The smooth and shimmering Changeant fabric catches the light and bounces it back, giving it an elegant look.
Why are there price differences between the colours, even though they are the same models?
The price differences are due to the fact that different materials are usually used for different editions. We also provide editions with special features or design elements to differentiate them from the "normal" collection.
These updates result in a price difference within the collection, compared to the previous model: Blok Large, Blok Medium, Cubik Medium, Klak and Brik will be made of PFC-free fabrics from Autumn/Winter 2018, making them even more environmentally friendly. They also have a newly developed silicone logo. All four backpack models now have a wider carrying handle so that they can be strapped to a travel trolley in an upright position. On the Blok Large & Medium, the cable compartment has been enlarged and can therefore also be used as a shoe compartment. On all four backpack models, all functions, from the pen holder to the new key ring, have been highlighted on the inside in pinqponq colours. A perforated tablet compartment and a silk logo print additionally enhance the interior of the backpack. This high increase in quality and aesthetics was able to be achieved with a price increase of only 10 euros.